Ionos is the most ventilated and technologically advanced road cycling helmet Giro has ever created. Our proprietary in-mold composite sub-frame (I.C.S.™) provides the strength to support 21 of the largest vents ever carved into a helmet. These massive vents—coupled with an intricate network of internal channels—create a cooling system we call Wind Tunnel™ ventilation. The difference is remarkable and after one ride you’ll agree: the Ionos is the coolest, best-ventilated helmet available. This is the reason that Grand Tour champions like Lance Armstrong and Alberto Contador choose Ionos to stay cool on the hottest days.
The Giro Livestrong Collection includes 3 special edition LIVESTRONG helmet models, with proceeds going directly to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. A foundation that unites people through programs and experiences to empower cancer survivors to live life on their own terms and to raise awareness and funds for the fight against Cancer.
• Wind Tunnel Ventilation: Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channelling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
• In-Mold Composite Sub-Frame: Our In-mold composite Sub-frame is a composite skeleton fused into a helmet’s EPS liner. Visible on the bridges between vents, this series of composite plates is directionally “tuned” to provide structural support, impact dispersion and penetration resistance. I.C.S technology is what allows us to carve those massive vents— as seen in our Ionos helmet, for example—without compromising rider protection.
• Super Fit Engineering: A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Our proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
• Roc Loc 5: After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4. Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible. Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering). Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe. Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
• X-Static Padding: In addition to being very comfortable, our X-Static pads provide anti-microbial properties to help keep your helmet fresher, longer. The pads are also machine washable.
• Suggested Use: Road Race, Triathlon, MTB XC Race, Cyclocross, Track Race, Enthusiast Road
• Features: In-mold composite sub frame (I.C.S.), X-static padding, award winning design, multiple Grand Tour championships, X-static padding
• Construction: In-mold Composite Sub-Frame EPS liner, polycarbonate shell
• Fit System: Roc Loc® 5
• Ventilation: 21 Wind Tunnel™ vents, internal channelling
USA, Australia, United Kingdom, and EU country customers do not need to care about any tax. The price is including import duty and local tax. We will help Brazil custom tax. And buyer of other country is responsible for any applicable import duty, local taxes and VAT. Please verify with your customs before purchase.
We are shipping items to WorldWide. The best shipping cost is our proud. Our major shipping partners are Post, Fedex Express, DHL express and TNT. Depending on your location, we are going to suggest the best shipping method. Basically we will ship the order in 1 ~ 3 work days. Our warehouses are in USA, Taiwan, Sweden and South Korea. Depending on the item, the starting location could be different. And each country has their own holidays. It is the reason why we need 1 ~ 3 days for dispatch.
Shipping cost will be charged based on your order weight which is the larger between weight and volume weight. Our system calculates the total weight of your order items and recommends the shipping method and cost from the cheapest one. You can check your shipping cost on your cart page.
BicycleHero are pleased to offer FREE SHIPPING to worldwide on orders over minium spend. For orders under this value we also offer great value discounted shipping rates.
Get Detail Information
All orders could be returned to us in 90 days from dispatch. We are happy to accept the any returns without any specific reason. You can find the detail of returns in our customer support page.